Hi.
I'm Torie , 26 { s c o r p i o }
Hadley Willows { mum }
Wife { Team NO sleep } Mamarazzi
{ self proclaimed baby stylist } OOTD photographer
{ hairstylist } DIY lover
{ shopaholic } junk food junkie

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pregnancy, A beautiful yet not so beautiful thing..


Pregnancy, a beautiful yet not so beautiful thing. I always had in my head that I would have this super glamorous pregnancy. Dressed to the nines everyday with the perfect baby bump. Well luckily I had a nice bump but I was far from dressed to the nines. I was not that pregnant lady you would be pinning on your "pregnancy fashion" pinterest board. Oh well. There were a few times I made it seem like I was that girl. Snapping pictures of my "outfit of the day" but those outfit pictures were pretty much the only times I looked liked that. Fashion was not my strong point during my pregnancy, actually I am not sure what was. I started out feeling blah & then I got hit with the dreaded morning sickness which was actually all day sickness from 11-16weeks! Whoever came up with the term "morning sickness" and made woman think they would only be sick at the beginning of the day & then prance around like a sparkling unicorn the rest of the day SUCKS. At this point in my pregnancy I made the hard decision to give up my career as a hairstylist. It was my dream, I had a big clientele, was this the right choice? This question drove me nuts, people thought I was nuts for leaving my success behind. I had some clients completely support me while other clients did the opposite. Some were quit rude, you would think I asked them to give me their first born child and all their other valuable possessions. As my pregnancy continued I turned into that crazy pregnant lady, I literally would scan google and think I had every horrific thing that could happen during pregnancy! At this point I could probably be an OBGYN with all the stuff I know. I need both of my hands to count how many ER trips I took, a couple nurses even recognized me, how embarrassing! I am lucky to have an amazing husband & mother who put up with me. One afternoon I was having my daily meeting with the porcelain throne getting sick and having the worst nose bleed of my life. Actually my first nose bleed ever! As I yelled for my husband my inner hypochondriac told me I was going to bleed out and die on my bathroom floor. Picture that scene, nothing but a hot mess, I told you I was far from a glamorous pregnant woman.  But my entire pregnancy was not full of barf & anxiety. There were many beautiful moments. The first time I felt her move, the first time my hubby and I felt her kick, the first time we heard her heartbeat, finding out we were having a girl, seeing her at the ultrasounds. It was all surreal, as blah as I felt it was all still perfect. She was always very active, I would sit for hours and watch her wiggle beneath my skin. I looked forward to taking my weekly bump picture & sending it to my husband while he was at work, super sexy huh. I would do it all again in a heart beat, ok not a heart beat but I will do it again ! Did I make the right decision leaving my dream job, absolutely. Being a hairstylist is my second dream job now & sooner or later I will make my comeback. Right now I am doing my dream job, staying home & being the best mommy I can be to Hadley.

This was one of those times I looked like a put together pregnant woman. Our maternity shoot with our photographer Tara Renaud Photography. She has captured all of our amazing moments, engagement shoot, wedding, maternity & Hadleys newborn session. Enjoy!

Happy Sunday,
Xo


 

I loved what she did with this, top was our engagement session 2 years ago.
Such a beautiful idea. I shed some tears when I saw this one.

1 comment:

  1. i love this! my favorite part is the "prancing around like a unicorn" part! :)

    ReplyDelete