Hi.
I'm Torie , 26 { s c o r p i o }
Hadley Willows { mum }
Wife { Team NO sleep } Mamarazzi
{ self proclaimed baby stylist } OOTD photographer
{ hairstylist } DIY lover
{ shopaholic } junk food junkie

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

DIY Head Wraps for Mama & Baby


 
Ok so I am super into DIY projects.  I swear now a days you can find out how to do everything on the internet ! Pinterest is amazing, I think many of you will agree with me there. I also figure out how to do a lot on youtube. My latest DIY project has been head wraps for miss Hadley & I. They are definatly my new obsession and my go to hairstyle! I am so excited about them being such a hot trend right now! They are a perfect statement piece or just a quick fix for a bad hair day! I love wearing them with just a simple top knot! It makes me look a little more put together than I actually am while looking fashionable! The days I take more time to get ready, l love wearing them with my hair down & some beachy waves! They are surprisingly super easy!! The last few I made were even easier but my latest ones I decided to make look more professional and use a sewing machine. I have never ever used a sewing machine in my life. Well maybe a few times and that was in my 6th grade home economics class. That basically doesn't even count, I don't remember what I ate for breakfast nevermind remember how to use a sewing machine after 15 or so years! After a trip to Jo Anns fabric with my coupons in hand, I found a fabric that I loved & 50% off! Oh it was also the first time Hadley full blown cried in a store, that was rough. My mom broke out her ancient looking sewing machine & talked me through it ! Luckily I only needed to learn how to do a straight line & I cant even guarantee it came out that straight. But it is a start, right? It was really fun & I felt all domestic propped at a sewing machine. I think I found a new hobby ! Below I listed step by step how to make a head wrap along with some pictures to help explain more ! Feel free to ask any questions !

You will need: 
Stretchy fabric
Scissors
Measuring tape
Sewing machine
Pen
Pins

1. Measure the circumference of your head, times it by 2 & add another 1/2 inch to and inch for sewing! You don't want the exact length or it will be to small once you sew it. ( I know this first hand because the first one I made for Hadley was too little , oops) 

2. Decide what width you would like, I personally like thick head wraps but you can do as thick or thin as you would like ! I did mine 8 1/2 inches. The wrap in the picture below was Hadley's & hers is 4 1/2 inches.

3. Fold the fabric in half, inside out and measure out and mark your length and width. Cut along your measurements. 

4. Now pin along the entire length where you will be sewing. Once all your pins are in place bring it over to the sewing machine and sew a straight line all the way down to the bottom! Now your left with a long tube of fabric , flip right side out! 

5. Fold the the fabric in half with the seam on the outside in the middle, line up your open ends and pin in place. Now sew a line straight down. What your left with is a big circle.

6. Flip the circle so all the seams are on the inside. Twist the middle of the circle once.

7. Twist one more time

8. Tuck the back pieces inside eachother & tada ready to wear !







 
This was another style I made for little miss Hadley.
It started off as a mistake, and turned out to be adorable :)
Nothing like a little improvising!


 
 
The perfect accessory for a casual bad hair day, Oh & I am obsessed with these new shorts from forever 21 ! The ones I ordered at 3am one night when I was feeding Hadley ! I am going to do a post of some of my favorite trends for me & new purchases soon!
 
 
follow me on instagram// TorieBliss

No comments:

Post a Comment